NEED TO KNOW:
God (both hands point up)
Made (pound fists)
Me (thumbs to chest)
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to learn more about who God is and how His character can directly impact their daily lives.
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
"Lord God... (both hands point up)
There is nothing too hard (wave arms back and forth)
for you (pound fists, on top of each other)
to do." (pound fists, on top of each other)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands)
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Have each family member choose a number between 1 and 5, and then play TRUTH or DARE based on the number they choose!
PLAY Jungle Gym! Try either of these activities to get your kids up and moving to let the wiggles out:
- FREEZE! ? HAVE kids dance or shake out wiggles. While kids are moving, randomly SAY, "Freeze!" When you say to freeze, kids will not move and stay frozen. Then SAY, "Bananas!" Kids can start dancing/ moving again.
- Animal Moves? HAVE kids come up with animals that live in the jungle, and let the group move like those animals. If kids have a hard time coming up with an animal, SUGGEST any of the following: boa/ snake, sloth, toucan/ bird, butterfly, caterpillar, lizard, crocodile, frog, monkey, jaguar, etc.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Preschool Bible Lesson (Genesis 1-2):
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
- Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
ASK your Preschooler:
- How did God create the heavens and the earth: with tools OR words? (By speaking; Yes! God didn't need any tools or anything else to help Him. All He had to do was speak!)
- Can we see God here on earth like we can see each other right now? (No; We can't see Him, but we can know more about who He is just by looking at everything He made.)
- When we look at all God made, does it help us see that He's powerful OR weak? (He's powerful; Yes! God is stronger and more powerful than anyone.)
PLAY "Echo" with the group by having kids repeat the memory verse in random funny voices and
speeds. Some examples include:
- Deep voice like a jaguar
- Slow motion like a sloth
- Getting faster each time
- Squeaky like a monkey
STEP 5. Pray!
- That your family would believe that God is more powerful than anyone anywhere
- That they would keep coming to church to discover more about who God is