NEED TO KNOW:
God Loves Me!
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to “Dive In” to the life of Peter and learn what it means to follow Jesus!
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
"Lord God... (both hands point up)
There is nothing too hard (wave arms back and forth)
for you (pound fists, on top of each other)
to do." (pound fists, on top of each other)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
Hot Heart!? (PLAY like "Hot Potato.")
- PASS an item as fast as you can around the group as you say today's Need to Know or the series memory verse.
- When you SAY, "Stop," whoever is holding the item will say something they love.
- You can mix it up by having kids say any of the following: food they love, animal they love, person they love, toy they love, Bible story they love, friend they love, etc.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Moses Is Born (Exodus 1-2:10; 3:9-10)
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Everyone give yourself a big hug! (Everyone hugs self.) God loves you and has a special plan just for you!
- On the count of three, tell me the name of someone in your family. Here we go! One, two, three! (Kids will name who lives in their home.)
- Wow! God loves you so much that He has given you special family members to help take care of you!
- If you see your baby brother get close to the steps, should you let him fall down the steps or stop him ? ( Stop him )
- Yes! You love your baby brother and want to keep him safe, so you would stop him from falling down the steps.
- God loves you, and He wants to keep you safe, just like He kept Moses safe in our Bible story!
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
Animal Sounds ? HAVE kids make the sounds of animals they love. Let the rest of the group guess what animal makes that sound. These animals do not have to live in the jungle. It can be any animal.
- If you were in Amazonia, would you rather swing on a vine or climb a tall
- Who is one person that you love?
- What did you learn today? (REMIND kids of what we need to know.)
- Did you have fun today?
STEP 5. Pray!