Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
Roll the Dice
- HAVE kids take turns rolling the foam die.
- Whatever number is rolled, TELL kids to do an action that many times.
- For example, if a two is rolled, kids could jump two times. Or if a six is rolled, kids could stomp six times.
- USE any of the following actions, or create your own: jump, hop, stomp, tiptoe, run in place, stand on one foot, give high-fives, spin in a circle, clap, pat legs, etc.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- What is something that has made you feel scared?
- Have you ever been scared to try something new? What was it?
- Who is with you and can help you not feel scared to try new things?(God)
- We all get scared sometimes.
- SAY THIS AFTER ME.. When I'm Scared (make scared face), God Is (both hands point up) With Me (thumbs to chest)
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
PLAY I Spy
- Leader can start the game and SPY something in the room.
- Kids will guess what leader is spying.
- Kids can take turns spying objects and/or colors in the room.
- Dear God, thank you for always being with me! Help me not be scared. I love you! In Jesus' name I pray, amen.