Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
Reindeer Pokey. HAVE kids do the dance with you: (Sung to the tune of "Hokey Pokey"):
- Put your antlers in.
- Put your antlers out.
- Put your antlers in, And shake them all about.
- You do the reindeer pokey, And you turn yourself around.
- That's what it's all about!
- Right/Left Hand
- Red Nose
- Fluffy Tail
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- SAY: God never stopped loving Adam and Eve, and God will never stop loving you or me! I'm going to draw some pictures on the board for you to guess. Each one of these pictures will help us remember that God loves us all the time!
- Does God love you when you're wearing mittens?(Yes) Does God love you when you're not wearing mittens?(Yes) That's right! God loves you all of the time!
- If your dad says, "Do not eat candy," and you eat a candy cane, did you obey or disobey? ( Di so b e y ) That's right. Does God like it when we disobey?(No) But does God still love us?(Yes)
- If your grandma says, "Do not touch the ornaments," should you play with them or leave them alone?(Leave them alone) You got it! When you leave them alone, you are obeying your grandma. Does God love you when you obey?(Yes) That's right! God loves you all of the time!
Reindeer Says: Play like Simon says: Motions could include: make reindeer antlers, clap hands, wiggle fingers, jump up and down, spin around, stomp feet, pat knees, et c.Make antlers on head
- Dear God, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Jesus. I love You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.