NEED TO KNOW:
God Sees Me!
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to learn more about who God is and how His character can directly impact their daily lives.
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
"Lord God... (both hands point up)
There is nothing too hard (wave arms back and forth)
for you (pound fists, on top of each other)
to do." (pound fists, on top of each other)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
Pass a heart toy or picture around the group. Say: When you get this heart, tell us your name and one person you love.
Monkey Moves SAY the following, and HAVE kids repeat after you with motions.
- Way up in the trees (put telescope to eye and look up)
- Sits one silly monkey (make a silly face, show one finger)
- And his silly monkey friends (make silly face and point to others)
- Waiting for the fun to begin (make excited face, tap wrist)
- Because when the monkeys hear three (hold up three fingers)
- They swing from tree to tree. (Lean side to side)
- One! (Hold up one finger)
- Two! (Hold up two fingers)
- Three! (Hold up three fingers)
- Look at the silly monkeys swinging in the trees! (Everyone acts and sounds like monkeys as they lean from side to side
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Moses and the Israelites (Exodus1-3, 13-14, 16-17:7, 33)
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- When we read the Bible, we see how God sees us everywhere we go.
- SAY the following and HAVE kids respond “Even if it seems like God is far away, He is right here with us, and He can always see us!” (PAUSE to allow kids to repeat)
- God (both hands point up) Sees (cup hands around eyes) Me (thumbs to chest)
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
• Animal Freeze Dance! HAVE kids move like and/or make the sounds of their favorite animals in Amazonia. While kids are moving, randomly SAY, "Freeze!" When you say to freeze, kids will not move and stay frozen. Then SAY, "Bananas!" Kids can start dancing/ moving again. If kids have a hard time coming up with an animal, SUGGEST any of the following: boa/ snake, sloth, toucan/ bird, butterfly, caterpillar, lizard, crocodile, frog, monkey, jaguar, etc
STEP 5. Pray!
- Dear God, thank you for seeing me and watching over me. I love you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.