Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
- PLAY "Hot Potato" with an item from home.
- PLAY "Two Truths and a False Fact" with the group by having each person share two things about themselves that are true and one thing that is made up. Then, HAVE the rest of the group guess which fact is made up!
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
- Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
ASK your Elementary Schooler:
- How did God create the heavens and the earth: with tools OR by speaking? (By speaking; Yes! God didn't need any tools or anything else to help Him. All He had to do was speak!)
- Can we see God face-to-face here on earth like we can see each other right now? (No; We can't see Him face-to-face, but we can know more about who He is just by looking at everything He has created.)
- When we look at all God created, does it help us see that He's powerful OR weak? (He's powerful; Yes! God is stronger and more powerful than anyone.)
PLAY "Echo" with the group by having kids repeat the memory verse in random funny voices and
speeds. Some examples include:
- Deep voice like a jaguar
- Slow motion like a sloth
- Getting faster each time
- Squeaky like a monkey
- That our family would believe that God is more powerful than anyone anywhere
- That they would keep coming to church to discover more about who God is