The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that God created people in His own image and provides for everything He made. People are special because God made people to live forever in a relationship with Him. Through His Son, Jesus, we can have eternal life with God just as He planned.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Read Psalm 139:14 to your family and talk about what it means to be fearfully and wonderfully made. Take turns giving compliments to one another about how God has created them to reflect His beauty and His goodness.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- More than half—56% to be exact—of adults in the United States still have their favorite stuffed animal from childhood. The love for these cotton-filled animals is so great that many adults still sleep with them! When we love a stuffed animal, we take extra special care of it and we want to have it near us at all times.
- Do you have a favorite stuffed animal? Tell me what you love about it?
- Just like you choose him/her as your favorite, God made people and loved them more than any other part of His creation. Because He loved Adam and Eve, God took special care of them by providing food from the trees and a river for water. He gave them everything they needed.
- What are some of the things we need that we are thankful we have?
- Most importantly, God showed His love for people by creating them to have a relationship with Him. God walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the garden. God created people to know Him and love Him forever. Even when sin broke this relationship, God would show how much He loves people by sending Jesus to make a way for us to be with Him again.
- Who did God send to make a way for us to be with Him again?
- God created people in His own image and provides for everything He made. People are special because God made people to live forever in a relationship with Him. Through His Son, Jesus, we can have eternal life with God just as He planned
- God, thank You for creating people and providing everything we need. You made us with the ability to know You and love You. Help us to trust in Jesus so that we can know You and have eternal life with You.