The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach your family that God tells us in the Bible that we should love and honor the people in our family always!
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Create Your Own Joseph Coat of Many Colors Bible Game
This game is basically an adaptation of the popular game where a team has to create a gown for one of their teammates using only toilet paper. Have your family create a Coat out of toilet paper for one of your family members
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- When Joseph’s dad gave him the colorful coat, did it make his brothers happy or mad? (Mad)
- That’s right! Were Joseph’s brothers kind or mean to him? (Mean) They were mean! Years later, when Joseph’s brothers needed food, was Joseph kind or mean to them? (Kind)
- Right again! Joseph knew that God wanted him to love and forgive his family. God loves us and wants us to love our families, too!
- How did Joseph respond to his brothers when he saw them? (Joseph forgave his
- Why do you think Joseph’s brothers were jealous of him? (Allow responses) brothers)
- When someone hurts us do we have to wait for them to say “sorry” before we forgive them? (No, we can forgive them even if they are not sorry)
- What are some of the ways you’ve found that help you get along with your family?
- God can help us get along with our family when we spend time every day reading the Bible and praying for them
- Why is it hard sometimes to get along with the people in our family?
- When we read the story of Joseph, how can it help us in our lives?
- Who is one person in your family you can work hard to get along with this week?
- Pray: God, Thank You for giving me my family! Please help me to show love to them every day! I love You! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen..