The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but He didn’t stay dead. God was pleased with Jesus’ sacrifice and miraculously raised Jesus from the dead to prove He is the Son of God and salvation is found in Him.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
- Set up five cups on the floor and assign a point value to each cup (the closest cup is 10 points and the furthest cup is 50, for example).
- Give each family member five rocks. Players will take turns tossing the rocks into the cups to earn points. Record each person’s points and ensure each person takes the same number of turns. The person with the most points wins.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- What is a miracle? A miracle is something God does that usually cannot be done so that we can know He is all-powerful.
- God’s miracles prove who He is. God had a plan all along to send a Rescuer who would save people from sin.
- Who did God send? Yes, God’s promise had finally been fulfilled in Jesus! Only God can raise people from the dead. Jesus was more than a prophet; Jesus is God the Son, and His perfect life, sacrificial death, and victorious resurrection prove it! We can trust God and His Word. We can look at God’s miracles and believe He is who He says He is. Jesus’ resurrection has made the way for us to have salvation. Just like the angel told the women not to fear, those who put their trust in Jesus have nothing to fear.
- How did the women react when they arrived at Jesus’ tomb? Why?
- Guide kids to recognize that the women were fearful and amazed. They were expecting to anoint Jesus’ body with spices. Instead, Jesus was not there. They found that the large stone had been rolled away. An angel was there so they were shocked. Their Lord was gone and they didn’t understand why. They were not thinking about Jesus’ promise to rise again.
- How did the angel respond to the women’s fear?
- Help kids recall that the angel told the women to not be afraid. He told them what happened to Jesus and comforted them. Jesus was alive. He told the women that Jesus had gone ahead of them and would meet them in Galilee. He wanted the women to share this wonderful news.
- Who can you tell about the miraculous news that Jesus is God the Son, who died and rose to rescue us from sin??
- Encourage the kids to think about friends, neighbors, or family members they know who may not know Jesus. Pray for the kids to have wisdom and courage to know how and when to share the gospel.
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but He didn’t stay dead. God was pleased with Jesus’ sacrifice and miraculously raised Jesus from the dead to prove He is the Son of God and salvation is found in Him.
- Thank You, God, for proving exactly who You said You are! Your miracles show that You have all power because You are God. Thank You for raising Jesus from the dead to give us salvation. Amen.