Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
PLAY “Captain Says” (same as “Simon Says”) with the following motions:
- Say your name
- Put on patch (hand over eye)
- Row the boat
- Reel in a fish
- Hoist the sail
- Eat some grub
- Fly like a parrot
- Wave the flag
- Say “Yo-ho-ho!”
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- What was Jesus doing during the storm? (Taking a nap)
- What were the disciples afraid of? (Storm, wind & waves)
- When Jesus told the storm to stop, did it obey? (Yes)
Say: We’ve seen that Jesus was in charge of the wind and the waves, and the Bible tells us that He’s in charge of EVERYTHING!
Say: Jesus is in charge of EVERYTHING! Do this with me:
The Bible Says (hold out hands like book) Jesus Is (point up) In Charge (salute) Of Everything! (spread arms out wide)
- Where were Jesus and His disciples? (In a boat)
- True or False: While they were in the boat, the sun started shining very brightly. (False; dark clouds came up and the wind started to blow)
- What was Jesus doing during the storm? (Sleeping)
- True or False: None of the disciples were afraid. (False; they were afraid that they would drown!)
- What did Jesus do: tell the storm to be calm or do a pirate jig? (He told the storm to be calm)
- Did Jesus take care of the disciples when they were afraid? (Yes)
Say: Jesus us is able to control anything that happens in our lives – even the weather! We can be fearless because we know that He is there to protect us, and He will help us be fearless!
That’s what we need to know today: “When I Follow Jesus, I Am Fearless!”
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thank God That He is in charge of everything. Thank God that your family does not have to be afraid because God is always with them. Pray that your family will obey and do what God says.