Elementary Family Worship
NEED TO KNOW:
God is loving!
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to learn more about who God is and how His character can directly impact their daily lives.
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Lord God, (both hands point up)
with your great power (make muscle arms)
you made the earth and the sky. (make circle with hands)
There is nothing too hard (make "X" with arms)
for you to do." (pound fists)
Jeremiah32:17 (make book with hands)
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
PLAY Animal Moves? SAY an animal that lives in the jungle, and HAVE kids move like that animal. SAY any of the following, or come up with your own: boa/ snake, toucan/ bird, butterfly, caterpillar, crocodile, frog, monkey, etc.
HAVE kids repeat the "Need to Know" in these fun ways: in a silly monkey voice, whisper in a quiet butterfly voice, with eyes closed, etc
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- How do you feel when you do something that you know is wrong? Does it ever make you feel like God doesn't love you anymore or that you need to make it up to Him?
- How can we be sure that God loves us no matter what we do?
- When you think about the way God loves you, does it affect the way you treat others? How?
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
USE a dry erase marker and dry erase board to play "Amazon Pictionary" or “Amazon Hangman”, drawing pictures or using words that you would find in the rainforest for the child to guess. Some examples include:
STEP 5. Pray!
- That your family would trust that God will never stop loving them
- That they would love others because of the way God loves them