Creation Glorifies God:
The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that All of creation displays the glory of God—how great He is—although not perfectly. The perfect revelation of God’s glory is found in Jesus, who came to show us exactly what God is like. Because Jesus is God, He is the perfect display of God’s glory.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
“The heavens declare the glory of God,
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.”
STEP 1. GATHER!
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Download an app to help your family study the stars and planets. As you learn about galaxies, constellations, and planets, take time to worship God for this display of His glory. Talk about how Jesus is an even greater display of God’s glory because He shows us exactly what God is like. .
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Watch the Bible story video or read all or parts of Psalm 19 from the Bible:
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- God created all of this—everything—out of nothing. The Sun, moon, stars, planets, and everything we can see on Earth—He created all of it. And He created it so that we could see His awesomeness and worship Him. In Psalm 19, David reminds us that the heavens and the skies are showing us the glory of God. They are shouting out a message to the whole world that there is a Creator God and He is big, He is powerful, He is creative, and He is awesome!
- How has creation helped you understand more about God?
Guide your family to discuss times they have felt awe while looking at something in creation. Be prepared to discuss your own experiences, such as star-gazing or visiting a natural wonder. Point out the specific things you have learned about God as a result of observing creation. Encourage your family to think about what they have learned about God.
All of creation displays the glory of God—how great He is—although not perfectly. The perfect revelation of God’s glory is found in Jesus, who came to show us exactly what God is like. Because Jesus is God, He is the perfect display of God’s glory.
If creation shows things about God, why do we need Scripture?”
Remind your family that creation can only show us some things about God. Guide them to see that to learn everything we need to know in order to have a relationship with God through Jesus, we must know what the Bible teaches. Creation can show us God’s power, goodness, and beauty, but creation cannot teach us what Jesus did for us or how to begin a relationship with Him.
3. God’s glory can be seen all around us through the world that He created, but there’s an even greater way we see God’s awesomeness. Romans 5:8 says, “But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” The awesome God who created this huge universe loves you. He loves you enough that he would send Jesus to save sinners and offer eternal life to all who believe in Him.
What is something you have learned about God from Scripture?
Discuss things you have taught your group in past weeks. Ask your family to think about what they learned from other stories in the Bible. Be prepared to discuss things God has taught you through your personal Bible study time. Encourage them to read their Bibles daily, and challenge them to write down or draw pictures to help them remember different things they learn as they read God’s Word.
STEP 5. Pray!
- God, You are awesome! Everything in Your creation is showing us how great You are. Most of all, you have shown us Your great love through Jesus who is the perfect picture of Your glory! We give You all the praise and all the glory because You are worthy of it all!