Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Ask each person in your family these questions to learn more about each others:
- What are you most afraid of?
- What do you love about yourself?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What sort of things make you smile?
- Do you want to change the world? If so, how?
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read pages 136-143 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Naaman went to the palace of the king to get healed. Raise your hand if you think the king could heal Naaman. Raise your hand if you think the king could not heal Naaman.
- Why did Naaman go to the king first? Who thinks they know? Yes, he thought since he was so important, it would take someone important like a king to heal him.
- How did Naaman feel when a servant greeted him instead of Elisha? Stand up if you think Naaman was angry.
- How did Naaman feel about that? Stand up if you think Naaman was angry.
- Did Naaman need to do something important for God to save him? Raise your hand if you think yes. Raise your hand if you think no.
- Naaman thought he had to do something important so God would save him or that he had to pay something, but Elisha explained that it is free. Why is it free? Who thinks they know? Yes, it is a gift from God.
- Say: “Remember the end of the story: ‘Years later God was going to send another Servant, to forgive as the little servant girl did.’ That Servant is Jesus. Only Jesus can forgive us; only he can save us, and it is all a free gift. There is nothing we can do to earn it.”
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thanking God that we do not need to do anything to be saved, that it is a free gift. We can do nothing to earn it.