The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that We have victory over sin and rest for our souls in Jesus, who is with us always and leads us into the promised land of God’s kingdom.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
- Cut a 2-inch square out of cardstock or index card. Direct each family member to write God Keeps His Promises on the square and decorate it. Encourage each family member to keep the square in their pocket or display it on a mirror or door for the remainder of the week. Whenever they notice the card, take a moment to thank God for the promises He has made and will keep.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Do you remember learning to ride a bike? It can be a scary experience because we’re afraid of falling, getting hurt, or just looking silly in front of our friends. The biggest comfort when learning to ride a bike is knowing that your parent or someone else you trust is running alongside you and holding onto the bike. You feel fearless if you know they are with you!
- After Moses died, Joshua was chosen to be the new leader for the Israelites. There were a lot of reasons for Joshua to be afraid. The Israelites were near the land God had promised, but they had to cross the Jordan River and face the people who lived in the land. Even in all the fear, Joshua led with courage because he knew God was with him! Like the comfort of your parent running alongside you, Joshua had confidence that God would be with him and always keep His promise!
- We all feel scared or alone sometimes, but God has made us a promise too! God promises that anyone who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved! If we trust in Jesus as Lord, we are forgiven, accepted, and loved by God. All the courage and hope we need is found in Jesus!
- God encouraged Joshua and promised to be with him as he led the Israelites into the promised land, where they would be victorious and find rest. We have victory over sin and rest for our souls in Jesus, who is with us always and leads us into the promised land of God’s kingdom.
- Pray: God, thank You for Your promises. Thank You for loving Joshua and always being with him and for leading Your people into the promised land. Most of all, we thank You for Jesus and the promise that all who trust in Him will find forgiveness and rest in the promised land of Your kingdom.