The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our that Jesus chose 12 disciples to follow him. We too must follow Jesus.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Play Never Have I Ever
How to play
Sit in a circle holding 10 fingers up, one person will start by saying “never have I ever” and then something they have never done. If someone in the circle have done what the other person has not, then they put down a finger. Whoever has all their fingers down first wins.
Never have I ever…
- Been on an airplane
- Had a dog
- Been to Florida
- Rode a bike
- Eaten a hotdog
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read Pages 208-213 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Say: “Jesus chose 12 men to be his disciples or followers.
- What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus? Correct, these men followed Jesus and learned from him. They obeyed Jesus. They also told others about Jesus.
- Are you a follower of Jesus?
- Do you want to tell others about Jesus?
- What were Jesus’ helpers called and what did they do?
- Ask the children to think of one way they can follow Jesus this week and to pray that God would help them to do it
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, asking God to help you and the children to be disciples of Jesus. Thank him that he will help you follow, learn from, obey, and tell others about Jesus.