Elementary Family Worship
NEED TO KNOW:
God is Good in All He Does!
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to “Dive In” to the life of Peter and learn what it means to follow Jesus!
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Lord God, (both hands point up)
with your great power (make muscle arms)
you made the earth and the sky. (make circle with hands)
There is nothing too hard (make "X" with arms)
for you to do." (pound fists)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands)
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
- SAY: To start small group today, we're going to pass around this talking stick (any item will work). When it comes to you, it's your turn to talk. While you're holding it, you can share your name and answer this question: Which good gift would you like the most: five new video games, a free trip to the Amazon Rainforest, or a lifetime supply of ice cream?
- PASS the talking stick around the group, and ALLOW kids to share.
- Once everyone has had a chance to share, SAY: It's fun to think about getting good gifts! We may not get gifts every day, but God is the one who gives us every good thing we have. That's because being good is part of who He is, and that's exactly what we need to know today. Let's all say this together!
- HAVE kids repeat the Need to Know after you with motions: God Is Good (both hands point up) In All He Does (arms out, palms up)
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Moses Is Born (Exodus 1-2:10, 3:9-10)
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Taylor has been looking forward to her family's vacation to visit the Amazon Rainforest, but their trip gets canceled because of a mudslide! When disappointing things happen, can we still trust that God is good? (Yes) No matter what happens to us, we can know that God is still good!
- Tristan has a friend at school that doesn't know about Jesus. So Tristan invites his friend to come to church with him and prays for his friend to see how good God is! Does Tristan know that God has good plans for his friend? (Yes) When we see how good God is to us, we want others to know about God's goodness, too!
- Nora prays for her family to have a new place to live, and just two weeks later, her family gets to move in with another family at her church. When good things happen in our lives, who can we thank? (God) Yes! All good things come from God.
- Mark's grandfather is sick. Mark gets scared when he visits him in the hospital. When hard things happen, what can we remember about God? (That He is good)
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
PLAY Telephone with the group, having kids start it off by whispering a fun phrase about the Bible story to their neighbor (Ex: Moses was a baby in a basket). Kids will continue whispering what they hear to the next person until it gets back to the first child. See if the phrase stayed the same or if it changed!
STEP 5. Pray!
- That your family would believe that God is good in all He does
- That they would know that God has good plans for their lives