The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family about the woman who gave up an important treasure because of her love for Jesus. We also learned that we are all sinners and need God to forgive us.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this exercise to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Let your kids pick their favorite game to play together as a family.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read Pages 280-285 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Why was Jesus with the important leader and his important friends? Because they wanted to have dinner with Jesus
- What was the woman carrying? A jar of expensive perfume
- What was special about the perfume? It was the woman’s treasure
- What did the woman do first? She started to cry
- Her tears fell onto Jesus’ feet and she kissed his feet and dried them with what? Her hair
- Who thought pouring the perfume on Jesus’ feet was a waste? The important people
- Did the important people know they were sinners and that they needed Jesus to forgive them? No
- Did the woman know she was a sinner and that she needed Jesus to forgive her? Yes
- Why did the woman pour her expensive perfume on Jesus? She knew she was a sinner, and she knew Jesus forgave her sins, and so she wanted to give him her treasure
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, asking God to help you and the children not to be like the important people, who thought they weren’t sinners and that they didn’t need Jesus.
- Ask the children to think of something they want to tell God they are sorry for (e.g., lying, not being kind to a sibling, etc.). Ask them to pray, telling God they are sorry.