Elementary Family Worship
NEED TO KNOW:
God is Always Right!
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to learn more about who God is and how His character can directly impact their daily lives.
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Lord God, (both hands point up)
with your great power (make muscle arms)
you made the earth and the sky. (make circle with hands)
There is nothing too hard (make "X" with arms)
for you to do." (pound fists)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands)
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
PLAY "Amazon Surprise":
Kids will partner up, standing back to back with their partners.
On the count of three kids will turn around to face each other, making one of the following moves as they turn.
- Monkey - make monkey arms
- Jaguar - make scary face, showing teeth
- Dolphin - use hands to make a "fin" above head
Jaguar beats monkey ⇨ Monkey beats Dolphin ⇨ Dolphin beats Jaguar
If both partners do the same sign, they are out.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Gideon's Army (Judges 7)
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- When God told Gideon to make his army smaller, do you think it made sense to Gideon?
- If you're getting ready to fight a battle, it makes sense to have the biggest army possible. But what did Gideon know about God: that He's always right OR that He's scared of crocodiles? (That's He's always right)
- Whether it was a smaller army or using trumpets to scare the Midianites, lots of things that God told Gideon may not have made sense at first. But did Gideon still choose to do everything God told him to do? (Yes)
SAY: Because Gideon trusted that God was right, God used Him to rescue the Israelites from the Midianites! Just like Gideon, we can trust that God is always right. When we listen to God and obey Him, it leads to great things in our lives
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
PLAY "Echo" with the group by having kids repeat the memory verse in random funny voices and speeds.
Some examples include:
- Deep voice like a jaguar
- Slow motion like a sloth
- Getting faster each time
- Squeaky like a monkey
STEP 5. Pray!
- That your family would trust that God is always right
- That they would spend time with God to know the things He wants them to do