Elementary Family Worship
NEED TO KNOW:
God Protects Me
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to learn more about who God is and how His character can directly impact their daily lives.
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Lord God, (both hands point up)
with your great power (make muscle arms)
you made the earth and the sky. (make circle with hands)
There is nothing too hard (make "X" with arms)
for you to do." (pound fists)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands)
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
PLAY a version of Simon Says called Monkey Says, having kids take turns being the monkey. Kids can make up their own motions or use some of the following:
- Act like a monkey
- Pretend to canoe
- Pretend to swim
- Act like a frog
- Make a jaguar face
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Moses and God's Glory (Exodus 1-3; 13-14; 16-17:7; 33)
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Most of us will never have to worry about getting stuck in quicksand, but there are lots of times we need to be protected in our lives.
- Who is always protecting us: a monkey OR God? (God)
- Yes! God loves us and watches out for us, even when we don't realize it.
- True or False: Knowing that God protects us means that we'll never get hurt or face hard things. (False)
Does God only protect us when we obey Him? (Allow responses)
- You're right! We all get hurt sometimes, but that doesn't mean that God isn't looking out for us. Nothing happens to us that
isn't a part of God's plan. When we do get hurt, He is there to care for us!
- God's protection over us doesn't depend on anything we do! He takes care of us all the time because He loves us, and that can't change because it's part of who He is!
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
PLAY “Telephone” with your family, having kids start it off by whispering a fun phrase about the jungle to
their neighbor (Ex: The jaguar ate giant jumping lizards for breakfast). Kids will continue whispering what they hear to the next person until it gets back to the first child. See if the phrase stayed the same or if it changed!
STEP 5. Pray!
- That your family would know God cares when they face hard things
- That they would trust that God is always protecting them and watching out for them