- Pass around a “talking stick”. While you're holding it, you can share your name and answer this question: If you were camping in the Amazon, which would be worse: finding a tarantula in your sleeping bag OR a toucan pooping on your head?
- PASS the “talking stick” around the group, and ALLOW kids to share.
- Once everyone has had a chance to share, SAY: I hope none of us ever find a tarantula in our sleeping bag or have to wash toucan poop out of our hair, but bad things happen to all of us sometimes. Even when bad things happen, we can have peace by remembering that God is in control. That's what we need to know today. Let's all say this together!
- HAVE kids repeat the Need to Know after you with motions:
God Is (both hands point up)
In Control (two thumbs up)
- Just like Job, we'll go through times when we feel happy and times when we feel sad or angry. Can you tell me a time you felt that way?
- No matter how we're feeling, or what we're facing, God doesn't change! We can have peace in any situation by knowing that God, who loves us, is in control of all things! What are some ways God shows us He loves us during these times?
- ALLOW kids to play Hot Potato with a toy saying one word of the verse each time they pass it. The person holding the toy when the group says "17" is out!
- PLAY until there is one person left or as time allows.