NEED TO KNOW:
God Sees Me!
- The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our children to learn more about who God is and how His character can directly impact their daily lives.
- Learn the NEED TO KNOW together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
"Lord God... (both hands point up)
There is nothing too hard (wave arms back and forth)
for you (pound fists, on top of each other)
to do." (pound fists, on top of each other)
Jeremiah 32:17 (make book with hands)
- Practice the memory verse together as a family
STEP 1. GATHER!
Intentionally pick a place and time to gather your family together and use this activity to begin Family Worship Night.
Ask these questions as you gather together:
- If you were a monkey in Amazonia, would you rather swing on vines or eat bananas?
- What is your favorite thing or animal that lives in the jungle?
- What did you learn today at school?
- Did you have fun today?
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Elijah (1 Kings 17:1-16)
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
God is in charge of everything in our lives, from the sun coming up in the morning to the food we eat for dinner! We're going to share some of the things God is in charge of!
- Allow kids to tell you several things God is in charge of.
- After this say: From the rain we see to you and me, God is in charge of it all! Every day He’s taking care of us because He loves us! Let me hear you say this after me: (PAUSE to allow kids to repeat)
- God Is (both hands point up) In Charge (two thumbs up)
HAVE FUN TOGETHER
- HAVE kids dance or shake out wiggles.
- While kids are moving, randomly SAY, "Freeze!" - When you say to freeze, kids will not move and stay frozen.
- Then, SAY "Bananas!" - Kids can start dancing/moving again.
STEP 5. Pray!
- Dear God, thank you for seeing me and watching over me. I love you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.