Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
PLAY “THE KING SAYS” The players must obey all commands that begin with the words “The king says”. If the king says, “The king says touch your nose” then all players must touch their nose. However, if the king says, “jump” without saying “The king says” first the players must not jump. If they do jump, that player is out until the next game.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read pages 116-121 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Ask: “What sort of king did God want?
- What sort of a heart did God want the king to have?
- Say: “The people wanted a king who looked like a king. But all they were looking at was the outside. Remember what God said to Samuel in the story: ‘You’re thinking about what a king looks like on the outside, but I am looking at his heart, what he’s like on the inside.’ God wanted a true king, a king with a heart like God’s.”
- Say: God wanted a true king, a king with a heart like God’s. At the end of the story we find out why. God was getting his people ready for an even greater King who was coming. Who is that King? Yes, it is Jesus.”Say: Jesus wants us to share the good news of His love with the world. We do that by telling others about His love and by showing them His love by the way we treat them!
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, asking God to help your family to trust and believe in the true King — Jesus.