Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Ask each person in your family these questions to learn more about each others:
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Where will you live?
- Where would you like to travel to next?
- Do you want to get married?
- How many kids would you like to have?
- What will people wear in the future?
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read pages 144-151 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Say: “Isaiah lived about 700 years before Jesus, but in his book we read about Jesus all the time. Isaiah knew the future because God told it to him. God wanted his people to know about his rescue plan and his Rescuer. God told Isaiah his plan and Isaiah told it to the people.”
- Say: “Isaiah told the people that a Rescuer King Servant Light Lamb Shepherd who is the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace will come to earth and do many great amazing things, but then he will suffer and die. But he won’t stay dead; God will make him alive again, and he will rescue his people and one day make the world perfect again. That was what Isaiah knew about the future. That was what Isaiah knew about Jesus.”
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, praising God for such an amazing rescue plan. Thank God that Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Ask God to help you and the children reflect on it, treasure it, and remember it.