The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family about the very best gift ever — Jesus! God kept His promise to send Jesus.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this discussion time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
- Have your family sit in a circle, putting their feet in the middle. Point to one person’s foot and say the first word of the verse. Have the group say each word of the verse as you point to the next foot. Whichever foot you are pointing to when you say “17,” is out. Continue until there is only one foot remaining
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Read Genesis 2-3, Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:2, Luke 1:26-55, 2:1-20, Matthew 1:18-25, 2:1-11
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- When the angel came to Joseph in a dream, he did what the angel told him to do. What did the angel tell Joseph to name the baby? (Jesus)
- Long ago, did Isaiah say that this would happen? (Yes) And he said that Jesus would also be called Immanuel. And what does Immanuel mean? (God with us)
- How did Joseph feel when he found out Mary was going to have a baby? (He didn’t understand)
STEP 5. Pray!
- Hey God! We are so thankful that You wanted to be with us. Thank You for sending Jesus to save us so that we can be with You forever. Please help us remember that He is the best gift ever. We love You! Amen.