Romans Week 5
Read Romans 3:9-31
Preferred Questions: *These questions are personal. They target the heart and put healthy responsibility on your group to spend time with God and seek the Lord. Take turns, Go around, and have each person answer all 3 questions.
1. How are you doing spiritually? (SPIRITUALLY!!!)
2. What stuck out to you this week in the 412 (Bible Recap) or in Romans ch 3:9-31
3. What’s one thing (sin) you’re struggling with right now that we can pray for you about?
Question bank (If Needed) Don't use every Point/Question Choose some favorites based on your group Specifically!
This passage shows us that all of humanity has fallen short of the Glory of God! We have all missed God’s mark of righteousness. We have all sinned against God. There is no way to be made right with God except through Faith in Christ the righteous and His work in our place!
Religion tells us to do better, the Cross says that we could never do anything to earn our righteousness except through salvific faith in Christ! In this passage, Paul points out the problem with the heart, the purpose of the law, the pride of self-righteousness, and the power of the Gospel!
- 1. How does a deep understanding of the doctrine of sin change the way we come to God for salvation? As Christians how does it change the way we see others “under the power of sin” around us?
- In the Sermon, Blake talked about the ladder of religion, the Treadmill of rebellion, and the Cross of Calvary. How does the ladder of rebellion, and the Treadmill of religion both belittle and rebel against the cross? How have you seen these two things (illustrations) at play in your life?
- Why should the Gospel Crush all pride and Self-righteousness in our life and change the way we see others in sin? Has God revealed any pride or self-righteousness lately in your life?
- As growing Christians, we never outgrow the Cross. Why is it important to sit up under the cross daily?