Romans Week 6
Read Romans 4
Preferred Questions: *These questions are personal. They target the heart and put healthy responsibility on your group to spend time with God and seek the Lord.
Take turns, Go around, and have each person answer all 3 questions.
1. How are you doing spiritually? (SPIRITUALLY!!!)
2. What stuck out to you this week in the 412 (Bible Recap) or in Romans ch 4
3. What’s one thing (sin) you’re struggling with right now that we can pray for you about?
Question bank (If Needed) Don't use every Point/Question Choose some favorites based on your group Specifically!
In this passage, Paul uses the example of Abraham (and the words of David) to hammer home his point that we are justified by faith! It’s not the faith that saves us but it is the object of our faith! CHRIST! Faith in Christ not only saves us but it moves us to live our lives on mission for God!
- 1. Why is it a big deal that Abraham’s circumcision was a sign of his righteousness given after he was justified by faith and not before? What are the implications of this truth even for us today? (Ex: How does it produce humility and security?)
- In vs 7-8, David rejoices in the fact that All who are justified by Grace through faith in Christ are declared righteous and their sins are never counted against them again! God does not credit or count sin to those to whom he has credited his righteousness! How does this truth stir your affection for Christ and move you in your walk with Him? How freeing is this truth in light of the past and present sin in your life?
- What can we learn from Abraham’s faith? What stood out to you from the sermon or from the reading in Romans chapter 4? ( for more examples go read Hebrews 11:8-19)