The Real Jesus Week 15
Read John 8:12-30
*These questions are personal. They target the heart and put healthy responsibility on your group to spend time with God and seek the Lord.
Take turns, Go around and have each person answer all 3 questions.
1. How are you doing spiritually? (SPIRITUALLY!!!)
2. What’s one thing that stuck out to you from John 8:12-30 or in the sermon? Why?
3. What’s one thing (sin) you’re struggling with right now that we can pray for you about?
Question bank (If Needed) Don't use every Point/Question Choose some favorites based on your group Specifically!
The truest thing about Jesus is what Jesus says about Himself! This passage shows us that Jesus is the Light of the world! In other words, He is God who has come into the world to shine light on our sin and bring us into the light of salvation, taking us from children of darkness to children of light! (John 1:12)
- What does it mean that Jesus is the light of the world, and if His claim is true how does that change everything? What does that truth mean for us?
- The Pharisees were blinded from believing in Jesus and coming to Him as Lord. Spiritual blindness is a result of sin but comes out in many different ways. What are some things that blind us from seeing Jesus for who He truly is and coming to Him fully to be our Lord and Savior?
- As believers What are some things in our life that blind us from seeing our sin and truly stepping into the light and going deeper in our walk with Christ?
- What does it mean to die in sin, and what do verses 23 and 27 teach us about the way out of sin?
- If the way out of sin is to look to the cross and believe in Christ, what’s the best way to fight sin in our lives as believers?