The Real Jesus Week 28
Read John 15:18-25
*These questions are personal. They target the heart and put healthy responsibility on your group to spend time with God and seek the Lord.
Take turns, Go around, and have each person answer all 3 questions.
1. How are you doing spiritually? (SPIRITUALLY!!!)
2. What’s one thing that stuck out to you from John 15:18-25 or in the sermon? Why?
3. What’s one thing (sin) you’re struggling with right now that we can pray for you about?
Question bank (If Needed) Don't use every Point/Question Choose some favorites based on your group Specifically!
Jesus takes time to teach the disciples not to be caught off guard when the world (worldly system /people in rebellion against God) hates them because the world hated Him first! If Jesus was hated, it is foolish to think that those who follow Him and become more like Him won’t go through opposition for His name's sake.
- As Christians, God has chosen us out of the world! What does it look like to be in the world and not of the world?
- How does 1 Peter 2:9 describe God’s people in this world? When it comes to the way you live your life, could you say that it looks peculiar (different)in comparison to others who are in rebellion against God?
- Jesus says that the world will hate us because of His name. (vs 21) When the world hates you remember it hated me first. (Vs 18) When we live in light of His word in the midst of a dark world, there will be opposition in one way, shape, or form. What are some examples of opposition we face today as Christians throughout our world?
- Are you letting the word shape your life, or is the world shaping your life?