The Real Jesus Week 29
Important Announcements! Fall Festival is October 15th! Make sure you talk to your group about how they can help. (Talk to Laura Kilgore for details)
Read John 15:26-16:15
*These questions are personal. They target the heart and put healthy responsibility on your group to spend time with God and seek the Lord.
Take turns, Go around, and have each person answer all 3 questions.
1. How are you doing spiritually? (SPIRITUALLY!!!)
2. What’s one thing that stuck out to you from John 15:26-16:15 or in the sermon? Why?
3. What’s one thing (sin) you’re struggling with right now that we can pray for you about?
Question bank (If Needed) Don't use every Point/Question Choose some favorites based on your group Specifically!
Earlier in chapter 14 Jesus spends time comforting His disciples. He promises them the Holy Spirit. (14:15-16) Here Jesus digs into the work of the Holy Spirit. His main ministry is to testify about Jesus (vs 26) Verse 13 says that He will guide us in truth. Jesus says that it is to our advantage that He leave, because Jesus in us (the HS) is better than having Jesus beside us.
- In verses 1-4 Jesus promises the disciples that they will face persecution for His name sake. Jesus never promised health, wealth and prosperity here on earth but He did promise persecution. How do these verses crush the idea that following Jesus will be easy, or following Jesus means we won’t face any suffering or persecution for His name sake? How is persecution in America quite different than persecution across the world?
- Jesus says it is to our advantage that He go to the father because He would send the Advocate. (The Holy Spirit) How is the Holy Spirit in us an advantage compared to Jesus beside us?
- This passage shows us that the main ministry of the Holy Spirit in to testify about Jesus and guide us into all the truth. What are some misconceptions people have concerning the Holy Spirit and how have you seen His evident work in your life personally?