Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Say” You’ve talked about pirates at church…
If you were sailing on a pirate ship, what would you take with you?
In your best pirate voice, tell us your favorite story from the Bible. Why is it your favorite?
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- In the beginning, did God have a big plan to make the world? (Yes)
- What are some things God made? (Sun, moon, clouds, oceans, sky, plants, mountains, fish, birds, animals, etc.)
- What was the most wonderful creature God made? (A person) That’s right! God made each of you!
When we look around & see all the things God made, then we know that God REALLY did make all the things in our Bible story.Why was it necessary for Jesus to die on the cross?
- Where was Jesus walking when He saw Peter and Andrew? (Along the shore of a lake)
- True or False: Peter and Andrew were catching butterflies when Jesus saw them. (False; they were catching fish)
- What did Jesus tell them He would teach them to fish for instead of fish? (People)
- True or False: All the men dropped what they were doing and started following Jesus. (True; they left their old lives and followed Jesus)
- Did Jesus teach the twelve disciples everything God wanted them to know or all the words in the dictionary? (Everything God wanted them to know)
Just like Jesus invited the twelve disciples to follow Him, He also invites us to follow Him with our lives! That means we stop just living however we want and start following Jesus!
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, asking God to continue to help your family learn about Jesus and his invitation to them. Ask God to help your family see their need to follow Jesus!