Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Say: “Show us something you are good at doing! We will try to guess!”
Help kids act out something they are good at doing—coloring, dancing, snapping, singing, building, a sport, etc.
Say: “ You have been learning about pirates at church. Here is a question for us to think about.. Pirates sail on the ocean blue, but what sorts of things does JESUS do?
Let the children talk about some of things they know that Jesus did in the Bible
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Even though Jesus was tired, did he want to help the people? (Yes! Jesus is GREAT like that!)
- When it was time for the people to eat dinner, what did Jesus use to feed the HUGE crowd? (The little boy’s fish & bread!)
- Did Jesus do some GREAT things in this story? (Yes! Jesus healed sick people & He fed them ALL with just a little bit of food!)
We can do good things, but the Bible just told us that Jesus does GREAT things!
We’ve made a discovery! The Bible Says Jesus Does Great Things! Do this with me:
The Bible Says (hold out hands like book)
Jesus Does (point up)
Great Things! (two thumbs up)
- Who was standing on the shore when Jesus arrived in the boat: a large crowd or the President of the United States? (A large crowd)
- True or False: The people were beginning to get tired. (False; they were getting hungry)
- What food did the boy share with Andrew? (Five loaves of bread and two fish)
- True or False: Jesus broke the bread and fish into enough pieces for over five thousand people. (True)
- How many baskets of food were left over? (12)
- Who was generous in this story? (The boy)
- What did Jesus do as a result of the boy’s generosity? (A miracle!)
Say: Jesus was able to do something amazing because of the boy’s generosity. Jesus took the food that the little boy gave and was able to feed five thousand men and thousands of women and children. We should also be generous with what we have!
That’s what we need to know today: “When I Follow Jesus, I Am Generous!”
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thank God for loving you’re family. Ask him to show you how to be generous with the things that you have! Amen.