Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
How to Play: This game is played like the alphabet game, but this time you will be using the first letter of your name. One person will start by saying their name and a food that begins with the same letter as their name. The next person will repeat what the first person says and then add their own. The next person will then repeat the first two in order and then add their own. Play will continue until the last person says each one in order and ends with their own. If you want more of a challenge you can eliminate each person who gets it wrong and the last person to say them all without making a mistake will win the game.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read pages 122-129 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Did David believe he could beat Goliath by himself?
- Did David think being strong saves you?
- Did his own strength give David true courage?
- Did God give David true courage?
- Is it strength that will save you?
- Is it God that will save you?
- There was one more part to the story. Many years later, God would send his people another young Hero to fight for them. And to save them. But this Hero would fight the greatest battle the world has ever known.’ Does anyone know who that Hero is? Yes, Jesus.
- Just like God sent David to save the people from Goliath, God sends Jesus to save us. David had true courage because he knew that God saves us. If you want true courage, the courage to do the right thing even when you are scared, then you need to know it is not strength that saves you, but Jesus that saves you.”
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thanking God that he sent Jesus to save us. Ask God to help you and the children to see more and more that it is God that saves you and that he will give you true courage.