The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family about Jesus’ power over sickness and death. We can have complete faith in Jesus!
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use these questions to begin Family Worship Night and discuss with each other.
- What made you smile today?
- Can you tell me an example of kindness you saw or showed?
- Tell me something you know today that you didn’t know yesterday?
- What was the hardest rule to follow today?
- If you could change one thing about your day, what would it be?
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read Pages 214-220 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- There were two people in the story who had faith in Jesus; who were they? Yes, Jairus and the poor lady.
- Jairus had a little daughter and she was very sick. He loved her, but he could not make her better. What do you think Jairus was thinking as he stood by the bed of his sick daughter.” answers; e.g.; “I wish there was something I could do!” “I’m helpless!” “I need a miracle!” etc. Share your own answer.
- But then Jairus has an idea of how he can help his daughter. He goes and asks Jesus to heal his daughter. What is Jesus’ reply; will he heal her? Raise both hands in the air if you think Jesus agreed to help Jairus.
- But as they are on their way to Jairus’ house, there is a delay and a servant arrives and tells Jairus some terrible news. What was the news? Answer: Jairus’ daughter is dead.
- Even though she is dead, Jesus tells Jairus to trust him. He tells Jairus to have faith in him. They continue to Jairus’ house and when they arrive, Jesus takes the dead girl’s hand and brings her back to life. What do you think Jairus was thinking about Jesus when he saw his daughter was alive and well.” answers; e.g., “I have never seen anyone with power like this!” “Jesus is so powerful he can even bring people back to life!” “Jesus can make sad things come untrue!” etc. Share your own answer.
Say: “Jesus was able to make the poor lady better and to bring Jairus’ daughter back to life. Jesus can do things that we can’t do. He has power over sickness and death. Jesus was a new kind of man, he never made mistakes; he is perfect and powerful in every way, and so we can trust him and have faith in him completely.”
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thanking God that he is powerful and that we can trust him completely. Ask him to help you and your children to have faith in him always.
- Ask your children to pray that God would give them faith in Jesus like that of Jairus and the poor lady.