The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family about the Last Supper. We also learned that Jesus is the Servant King, whose body is broken and whose blood is poured out for us on the cross.
Use this exercise to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Let your kids pick their favorite game to play together as a family.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read Pages 286-293 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Teachers do not wash disciples’ feet; it is the servant’s job. Kings do not wash anyone’s feet. Then why did Jesus do this? Correct, he is the Servant King.
- What do we know about Jesus’ death from the feet washing? We know that Jesus is the Servant King.
- One of Jesus’ disciples was going to help the leaders capture Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. “What was his name? Say it all together.” Judas
- What do we know about Jesus’ death from the 30 pieces of silver? We know that Judas would help the leaders capture Jesus.”
- It was Passover, the time when God’s people remembered how God had rescued them from being slaves in Egypt. Every year they killed a lamb and ate it. And they would say: “The lamb died instead of me.”
- What do we know about Jesus’ death from Passover? We know that Jesus the Lamb died instead of us.
- Jesus and his disciples were having the Passover meal together. Jesus picked up some bread and broke it. He said, “My body is like this bread.” When was Jesus’ body broken? Say it together. Correct, on the cross.”
- Jesus picked up a cup of wine. He said, “This cup of wine is like my blood which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” When was Jesus’ blood poured out? Say it together. Correct, on the cross.”
- What do we know about Jesus’ death from the Last Supper? We know that Jesus’ body is broken and his blood poured out for us on the cross.
- Jesus is the Servant King and the Passover Lamb. He knew he had to die to rescue us. His body was broken and his blood was poured out on the cross so we could be saved
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thanking God that Jesus’ body was broken and his blood poured out on the cross so we could be saved. Thank God that Jesus is the Servant King and the Passover Lamb who died in our place to rescue us from our sin.
- Ask the children to pray praises to God, thanking him that Jesus died in our place to rescue us from our sin.