The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that on the cross Jesus was punished for our sins. He died to save us
Use this exercise to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Play an old school game of Hide and Seek
- Choose a worthy person to begin and gather around. Have that person count down from 50 and as soon as the count starts, everyone must scramble and find a hiding spot. You can play either indoors or outside.
- After the count gets to 0, the person who was counting must now walk (or run) around and find everyone. The first person to be found loses and must be the counter next round. See if everyone can be found.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
Read Pages 302-309 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- At the end of the story, say: The Leaders think that is the end of Jesus. Raise your hand if you think they are right. Good, we know this is not the end of Jesus
- This was God’s rescue plan. Jesus, the Son of God, died on the cross in our place to rescue us from our sin.
- On the cross God’s fierce anger at sin came down on his Son. The punishment for our sin came on Jesus. Jesus died to save us .
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thanking God that even though Jesus could have saved himself, he didn’t because he wanted to save us. Thank God that Jesus loves us and stood in our place and died for us.
- Ask the children to pray, saying thank-you to God for his amazing rescue plan.