The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that after three days Jesus rose from the dead. The tomb was empty and Jesus is alive.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use these questions to begin Family Worship Night and discuss with each other.
- What made you smile today?
- Can you tell me an example of kindness you saw or showed?
- Tell me something you know today that you didn’t know yesterday?
- What was the hardest rule to follow today?
- If you could change one thing about your day, what would it be?
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 3. BIBLE!
Read Pages 310-317 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- At the end of the story, say: “It has been three days since Jesus died. The women go to the tomb expecting to find a dead body. What three things do they find instead? Correct, the stone that blocked the entrance of the tomb had moved, Jesus’ body was gone, and an angel told them that Jesus had risen and was alive.”
- Say: “Jesus is risen, Jesus was raised from the dead, and Jesus’ resurrection are all ways of saying that Jesus was dead, but has now come back to life. The tomb is empty. There is no body. Jesus is alive, just like he said. The King is alive.”
- “Jesus is alive, just like he said. Jesus the King is alive.” Have your family repeat these things a few times to have them remember what they have learned
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray aloud, thanking God that Jesus was raised from the dead and that Jesus is alive.
- Ask the children to pray, praising God that Jesus the King is alive.