The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that God told the Israelites to build a tabernacle where He would dwell with them. God wants to be with His people. As part of His plan to save sinners, God sent Jesus to dwell on earth with people.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
- Use blankets and furniture to make an indoor tent. Climb into the tent and read the Bible story together. Tell stories of times when you felt God’s presence with you and celebrate the fact that God wants to dwell with His people.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- The Royal Standard is a unique flag that lets people know the location of the Queen of England. The flag is used to let the locals know that their queen is near them. When she is staying in Buckingham Palace, the flag flies over the palace to show that she is home. When she travels, the flag is flown over the car, plane, or other home for however long she is there. When she leaves, the flag is lowered and goes with her to the next location. With a flag that always tells people where she is, it doesn’t sound like the queen would be good at hide-and-seek would she?
- When the Israelites left Egypt, God went with His people. Like the Royal Standard that shows the queen’s presence, God made His presence known by leading the people with a _______ by day and ____ by night. (Cloud, Fire)
- God desired to dwell with His people, so He gave Moses instructions for building the tabernacle. This tent would be God’s home to dwell among His people.
- Wherever they traveled, the Israelites would set up the tabernacle in the center of camp to remind them of what? that God was with His people.
- God has always wanted to be with His people. Even when sin separated Adam and Eve from God in the garden, God had a plan to be with His people. Do you remember what God’s plan was? God sent His son, Jesus, to live on earth with the people. Through Jesus, all who believe can be reunited with God, and one day they will dwell with Him for all eternity.
- God told the Israelites to build a tabernacle where He would dwell with them. God wants to be with His people. As part of His plan to save sinners, God sent Jesus to dwell on earth with people.
- Pray: God, thank You for loving us with an everlasting love and always wanting to be with Your people. Even though people chose to sin against You, You sent Jesus to dwell with people. Help us trust in Him so that we can have a new life and dwell with You forever.