The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that No one is like God. God is holy, good, and loving. Jesus shows us what God is like and gives us hope. God can make us more like Jesus. We can trust Him and live joyfully for Him.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
- Make a list of people who have set a Christlike example for your family to follow. Make an award, gift, or special surprise to give them as a way of saying thanks for their example. Remind your kids that every believer receives the Holy Spirit to help them grow more and more like Christ. Pray that your family will be a Christlike example for others to know Jesus and believe in Him.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- There are more than 85,000 Elvis Presley impersonators around the world. These individuals love Elvis so much that they dress up, perform concerts, and make public appearances as the late “King of Rock ‘n’ Roll.” It is humorous because some of the impersonators are children, some are women, and most look nothing like Elvis at all. There are thousands of impersonators, but there was only one Elvis.
- In his letter to Christians, Peter encouraged them to live as ________________ (representatives) of Jesus. He reminded them of God’s words to the Israelites that said, “be ______(holy) for I am holy.” Peter urged believers to see themselves as children of God and not to go back to living as they did before knowing Christ.
- There is only _______(one) God. He is holy, and those who place faith in Him are called to be holy too. The word holy means to be set apart and different from everyone else. Those who believe in Christ are given a new identity that is holy because He is ______(holy). They also receive power and help to live in our new identity as impersonators of Jesus.
- No one is like God. God is holy, good, and loving. Jesus shows us what God is like and gives us hope. God can make us more like Jesus. We can trust Him and live joyfully for Him.
- Pray: God, You are holy. There is no one like You. Help us know Jesus and to live in a way that helps others to know Him, too.