The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach your family that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but He didn’t stay dead. God was pleased with Jesus’ sacrifice and miraculously raised Jesus from the dead to prove He is the Son of God and salvation is found in Him.
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
As a family, watch:
- Discuss the presentation with kids using the terms from the video. Then, read 1 Corinthians 15:1-8. Play the role of detectives and talk about some of the evidence for the resurrection. Discuss why Jesus’ death was necessary for salvation and how His resurrection is the hope for eternal life.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- In the 1980 Winter Olympics, the United States hockey team was up against the powerhouse Russian hockey team, who had won every gold medal for the previous 16 years! The Russian team seemed unbeatable, but the U.S. team was in the lead as the final minutes of the match ticked down. As the final buzzer sounded and the U.S. team claimed the unexpected victory, announcer Al Michaels shouted, “Do you believe in miracles? Yes!”
- While that was just a hockey game, the question does make us think of the greatest miracle of all time—the resurrection of Jesus! Did you know that was the greatest miracle?
- On the third day after Jesus’ death and burial, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb. Suddenly an angel of the Lord rolled back the stone. The angel spoke to the women, “Don’t be afraid! Jesus is not here. He has risen, just like He said He would.” Do you know what the women did? What would you do if an angel had just told you Jesus was alive?
- At this announcement, the woman ran to share the good news with the other disciples.
- The death and resurrection of Jesus are at the center of the gospel. We deserve to die because of our what? Sin! But Someone died in our place. Who? Jesus!
- Because Jesus is alive, we do not need to fear anything. Those who trust in Jesus have forgiveness and eternal life, and He helps them to joyfully obey Him. Now that’s a miracle worth believing!
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but He didn’t stay dead. God was pleased with Jesus’ sacrifice and miraculously raised Jesus from the dead to prove He is the Son of God and salvation is found in Him
- Pray: Lord, thank You for the miracle of Jesus’ resurrection and the hope it gives to the world. Help us to believe in Him so that we can experience the miracle of salvation—when You bring us from death to life.