The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach our family that Adam and Eve’s sin and its consequences spread to all of their descendants. But God did not forget His promise to send a Rescuer. At just the right time, God would send His Son to save sinners
Learn the Memory Verse together and say it throughout the week to help your family remember and apply what they have learned.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Encourage your kids to talk about the things they find (or would find) most enjoyable about having a sibling. Discuss ways having a sibling can be difficult. Share stories about your own childhood and experience with siblings. End with a time of affirmation, reminding each member of the family of your and God’s love.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- Have you ever heard about Genes? Genes are the parts of a person’s DNA that determine things like hair color, eye color, height, or whether we’ll be allergic to cats! Half of a person’s 20,000 genes come from the mother and the other half come from the father. What do you think you got from your mom and what do you think you got from your dad? I.E Hair color, height etc.
- When Adam and Eve had children, they passed down more than just the color of their hair and eyes and how tall they would be. Adam and Eve passed down their sin and all the consequences to their children. It didn’t take long for the effect of sin to be seen in the lives of their sons, Cain and Abel.
- Adam and Eve’s sin and its consequences spread to all of their descendants. But God did not forget His promise to send a Rescuer. At just the right time, God would send His Son to save sinners.
- When do you feel angry?
- How does God help you overcome sin?
- Who else can help you resist sin?
- Pray: God, thank You for remembering Your promise to send a Savior. Give us strength to live in a world broken by sin, and help us to believe in Jesus so that we can experience eternal life with You.