The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach your family that The prophets told people about God’s plan. They said God would send a Messiah: Jesus! Jesus would be born into the world as a baby. Jesus would live a perfect life and die on the cross to rescue people from sin
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
- Look up the meaning of each of your family’s names. Tell your family that the prophet Isaiah told us Jesus would have many names. Jesus is called “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, and Prince of Peace.” These names tell us that Jesus came to help people, rule as a loving King, and bring peace between God and people.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- What did prophets do? (Prophets told about the Messiah.)
- What does the name Immanuel mean? (Immanuel means “God with us.”)
- What did all of Jesus’ names tell us about Him? (They told us who Jesus is and what great things He would do.)
- Where did the prophet Micah say Jesus would be born? (in Bethlehem)
- Say: God had a great plan to rescue people from sin. God’s plan was not a secret plan. The prophets told people about God’s plan. They said God would send a Messiah: Jesus! Jesus would be born into the world as a baby. Jesus would live a perfect life and die on the cross to rescue people from sin.
- Pray: God, thank You for Your faithful love to us even when we don’t deserve it. Thank you for sending Jesus as a rescue plan for us.