The focus of this family time is to use five easy steps to teach your family that Jesus was born! This was very good news! Jesus was not like other babies. Jesus is God’s Son. God sent Jesus to earth from heaven. Jesus came into the world to bring peace between people and God.
Use this time to begin Family Worship Night and have fun!
Lead your family in singing familiar Christmas carols that relate to the birth of Jesus. Suggestions include “Joy to the World,” “Away in a Manger,” “Silent Night,” “Hark the Herald Angels Sing,” “O Come All Ye Faithful,” and “Go, Tell It on the Mountain.”
SAY; We sing songs at Christmas that remind us of what God did for us when He sent Jesus. In our Bible story, Mary praised God with a song about how great God is. God chose a family for Jesus. Before God created the world, He planned to send Jesus. Jesus came to do God’s plan, to rescue people from sin.
STEP 2. WORSHIP!
- Sing and have fun while worshiping then pray. Take a moment here to thank God for your family and your time together!!
STEP 4. DISCUSSION!
Use these questions and points to have a conversation with your children about the Bible story.
- What did the angel say was going to happen to Mary? (She was going to have a very special baby named Jesus.)
- Whom did Mary go see after the angel told her the special news? (her relative Elizabeth)
- What part did Mary and Joseph have in God’s plan? (to be Jesus’ parents on earth)
- What did Jesus come into the world to do? (to save people from their sins)
- Why was Jesus born? Jesus was born to rescue us.
STEP 5. Pray!
- Pray: God, thank You for revealing Your love for us by sending Jesus to save us from sin. Help us love You and trust You. You can do all things and always do what is best!